Darby Groundworks takes its corporate responsibility seriously, being aware of the impact of the Companies operations on communities and its employees, whilst striving to enhance community relations and respect for the environment. The Company is fully aware of the importance of health and safety for all of its employees.
We are a member of Construction Line along with FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme).
Health and Safety Policy
- Health and Safety is paramount in any activity that we are involved with, an ethos that we have embraced as a company to create a safety conscious workforce across the company and suppliers to allow us to safely meet the demands of our clients.
- Each project is viewed and assessed specifically to ensure that the safety of employees and any other people that may be involve in our activities are not jeopardised, therefore providing an unrivalled and robust safety management system.
- A hands on approach from our Directors has helped the company to achieve our present targets.
- Adequate and progressive training programmes are in place, which are identified and updated at regular reviews to ensure that we are providing the best possible environment for our workforce.
- At present 99% of our workforce are CSCS card holders.
- We are a CHAS Accredited Contractor. (Contractors Health and Safety scheme) We are active members of the CHSG (Construction Health and Safety Group) and the CITB
- All our senior site managers and senior staff hold the SMSTS 5 day Health and Safety accreditation.
We must ensure that the client provides us with all the relevant information for the project so we can create a relevant, detailed and effective document. The recommendations and procedures created as result of this document will set the standards to which the project must be managed and monitored.
The format and content of the health and safety file for this particular project will obviously reflect the nature of the works undertaken and as such may include, but not limited to, the following information:
- A brief description of the works carried out.
- Details of any residual hazards which remain and how they have been dealt with.
- Details of any hazardous materials used.
- Asbestos air monitoring reports and consignment notes
- As-built record drawings
- Details from subcontractors / specialist contractors.
- Building manual compiled by ourselves and/or the contract administrator.
Environmental management and the prevention of pollution is an integral part of our business.
Our Environmental Policy Statement details how we aim to achieve continuous improvement in environmental management and performance.
We annually set and regularly review objectives and targets to reduce our environmental impact and to ensure environmental best practice at our work places.